Exploring Mongolia: Is It Safe to Travel to This Mysterious Land?
The landlocked nation of Mongolia is a ruggedly beautiful country, home to an array of stunning landscapes, diverse wildlife, and ancient cultural sites. But is it safe to travel to this mysterious land in 2021?
With the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, many countries have closed their borders, restricting international travel. Mongolia is no exception, with strict entry requirements in place for foreign visitors. However, despite the restrictions, there are still ways to explore this unique destination safely.
Overview of the Current Tourism Situation in Mongolia
The Mongolian government currently requires all travelers to present a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours before entering the country. Additionally, everyone must fill out a health declaration form and quarantine for at least 14 days upon arrival. These measures are in place to protect both locals and visitors from the spread of the virus.
The government has also implemented a “Tourist Bubble” program, which allows certain groups of travelers to visit Mongolia without quarantining. The program is intended for groups of up to 10 people, who must stay together and follow specific safety protocols while in the country.
How Covid-19 Has Impacted Travel to Mongolia
The Covid-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on the tourism industry in Mongolia. With the introduction of travel restrictions and safety protocols, many travelers have been deterred from visiting the country. This has resulted in a drastic drop in tourist numbers, with the number of visitors to Mongolia falling by over 50% since 2019.
Despite the drop in tourism, the government has taken steps to ensure that visitors remain safe while exploring the country. From introducing the Tourist Bubble program to launching a nationwide vaccination campaign, the authorities are doing their best to protect travelers and minimize the risk of infection.
Pros and Cons of Touring Mongolia in 2021
Touring Mongolia in 2021 comes with both advantages and drawbacks. On the plus side, there are fewer crowds and lower prices due to the decreased demand for travel. Additionally, the country is relatively untouched by mass tourism, so you can enjoy a more authentic experience. On the other hand, due to the strict entry requirements and safety protocols, it may be difficult to plan a trip to Mongolia.
Overall, the pros outweigh the cons when it comes to touring Mongolia in 2021. As long as you’re willing to follow the necessary safety protocols and plan ahead, you can have an amazing vacation in this unique and mysterious land.
A Guide to Visiting Mongolia During the Covid-19 Pandemic
If you’re planning a trip to Mongolia during the Covid-19 pandemic, there are a few things to consider in order to stay safe and healthy. Here’s a guide to help you plan a successful journey to this fascinating country.
Safety Measures to Consider Before Traveling to Mongolia
Before traveling to Mongolia, make sure to research the current travel requirements and safety protocols. All travelers must present a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours before entering the country, and they must complete a health declaration form.
Additionally, travelers should check their local government’s advice before leaving. Some countries are advising against nonessential travel to Mongolia, so it’s important to stay informed and follow the latest guidance.
What to Expect When Visiting Mongolia During the Pandemic
When visiting Mongolia during the pandemic, you should expect to follow safety protocols such as wearing a face mask and maintaining social distancing. Additionally, some attractions and activities may be closed or limited due to the virus.
It’s also important to note that the government has introduced the Tourist Bubble program, which allows certain groups of travelers to visit the country without quarantining. If you plan to take advantage of this program, make sure to follow the safety protocols and stay with your group at all times.
Tips for a Successful Trip in Mongolia
To ensure a successful trip to Mongolia, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Plan ahead – make sure to research the current travel requirements and safety protocols before leaving.
- Pack light – bring only essential items and leave valuable items at home.
- Stay connected – purchase a local SIM card or rent a pocket Wi-Fi device to stay connected while in Mongolia.
- Be respectful – learn about the culture and customs of Mongolia before visiting, and respect local laws and traditions.
How to Have an Amazing Vacation in Mongolia Despite Travel Restrictions
Despite the travel restrictions and safety protocols, there are still plenty of ways to have an amazing vacation in Mongolia. Here are some suggestions to help you make the most out of your trip.
Finding Ways to Make the Most Out of Your Trip
One of the best ways to make the most out of your trip is to plan ahead and be flexible. Research the attractions and activities available, and make sure to book tickets in advance if possible. Additionally, try to be open-minded and take advantage of any unexpected opportunities that come your way.
Suggested Activities and Attractions to Visit
There are plenty of activities and attractions to explore in Mongolia, ranging from cultural sites to outdoor adventures. Here are a few suggestions to get you started:
- Visit the stunning Gorkhi Terelj National Park, located just outside of Ulaanbaatar.
- Explore the capital city of Ulaanbaatar and its many historical sites, such as the Gandantegchinlen Monastery.
- Take a camel ride through the Gobi Desert – one of the world’s largest deserts.
- Learn about the traditional nomadic lifestyle of the Mongolian people.
- Go horseback riding or hiking in the Khangai Mountains – a mountain range in northern Mongolia.
Cultural Aspects to Be Aware of While in Mongolia
When visiting Mongolia, it’s important to be aware of the local culture and customs. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Dress modestly – avoid wearing revealing clothing, especially in rural areas.
- Be respectful – don’t take photos without permission, and never touch someone’s head or point with your finger.
- Be mindful of religion – Buddhism is the dominant religion in Mongolia, so be respectful of religious sites and ceremonies.
- Learn some basic phrases – even a few words of Mongolian will go a long way in showing respect to locals.
In conclusion, Mongolia is a fascinating and unique destination, but it’s important to take safety precautions when traveling there during the Covid-19 pandemic. Make sure to research the current travel requirements and safety protocols before leaving, and be mindful of local customs and traditions while in the country. By following these guidelines and taking advantage of the Tourist Bubble program, you can have an amazing and safe vacation in Mongolia.
Summary of Key Points
To recap, here are the key points to remember when exploring Mongolia:
- All travelers must present a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours before entering the country, and they must complete a health declaration form.
- The Tourist Bubble program allows certain groups of travelers to visit the country without quarantining.
- Make sure to plan ahead and be flexible, and be aware of local customs and traditions while in the country.
- Follow safety protocols such as wearing a face mask and maintaining social distancing, and take advantage of the Tourist Bubble program if possible.
Final Thoughts on the Current Tourism Situation in Mongolia
Overall, despite the travel restrictions and safety protocols, Mongolia remains a fantastic destination for travelers looking for an adventure. With its stunning landscapes, diverse wildlife, and ancient cultural sites, this mysterious land is well worth exploring in 2021.
(Note: Is this article not meeting your expectations? Do you have knowledge or insights to share? Unlock new opportunities and expand your reach by joining our authors team. Click Registration to join us and share your expertise with our readers.)