Good 39%  39%  [ 27 ]
Fair 10%  10%  [ 7 ]
Poor 10%  10%  [ 7 ]
Lousy! 9%  9%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 70
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:39 pm 
O11-18
O11-18

_Have not ordered much from them. The one item I ordered I paid for fast shipping and got slow shipping. I talked to them about it but they didn't care and didn't do anything to compensate. I don't appreciate paying for service I never got. But what can you do. ~X(
Ron

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:23 pm 
F-4
F-4

cancelled my order with them today, they told me that some of my items were going to be backordered and that when they came in that I would be charged additionaly for shipping of each item. ordered 4 items, only 1 in stock,pay shipping on it then an extra 7 dollars shipping on each of the 3 other items as they came avalible. nah thats not for me

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:18 am 
O3-12
O3-12

I have bought quite a bit from Mac's over the past several years and have found recently that when they have a "internet discount sale" the shipping becomes obscene. Coincidence-? I don't think so and as other posts have mentioned, if they are short an item, they want you to pay additional shipping for the item/items.

I cancelled my last order from Mac's and got it from Dearborn for $100 less - Buy the way, Dearborn will match another competitors advertised price - for what its worth.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:36 am 
O3-11
O3-11

use to get all my stuff from them but now such a lousy web site i go other places

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:38 pm 
O8-13
O8-13

I have Purchased my parts from Mac's about to purchase more after new years all ways great quality fast shipping up here to Canada

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:04 am 
F-7
F-7

Well, hadnt ordered from Macs in a while and I was seriously dissapointed. Since Jan 1st, they started charging NY sales tax on all orders and shipping went up at least 25%. Sales tax used to apply only to NY Customers. :-q

When I called CS to see what happened, they said it was the new management that increased shipping and applied tax to everyone. Guess they were bought by Ecklers Industries.

I decided to go with someone else. Macs recent performance is getting hammered on some of the other forums. Its a darn shame, they were my prefered source, but not anymore!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:11 pm 
O5-15
O5-15

Today Mac's customer service hit an all time low

Got the lower control arms I ordered for my 63 Sprint only to have them arrive with no grease fittings of any kind. The fittings aren't missing, the holes aren't even there. These ball joints appear to have been made without the option to lubricate them.

Since they were the only ones sold for my car, I bought them.

Decided to call Macs' Tech support to see about options.
On hold for 20 minutes and 22 seconds.
Kirsten in customer service picked up after about 13 minutes, but put me on hold again while she tried to get a tech (non available).
Issued me a tech ticket for a call back within 48 business hours.

The entire 20+ minutes I was on hold (I should have just hung up, but I've got a stubborn streak sometimes...) there was a recorded voice pitching parts I neither need, nor care about (The Cartouche brand of interiors and chrome part for my Mercury or Edsel).

Worst of all, the voice kept referring me back to the MACS web-site, which was the starting place for my problem in the first place. If they had decent pictures and parts descriptions like they use do have before selling (out) to Ecklers, I wouldn't have ordered arms with no lubrication ports.

Fair warning, let the buyer beware.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:10 pm 
O11-18
O11-18

I can sympathise with you. I ordered a mirror from them. Received it only to find out it was the wrong part inside the package. Correct part number on the outside. Apparently they never look in the box to make sure it is the correct part. Would have saved me a lot of grief.

It has been a long ordeal to get a return ticket to return the item. And they are poor at communcating what is going on. I have called many times only to sit on hold waiting through the endless sales pitch and how great Macs is. Only to be cut off more than once and having to call back and have to wait even more. I should send them a bill for phone time!!

And getting info by logging into their site doesn't yield any info either as their account info never works correctly either.

Finally got an email today saying my part will be shipped today. It's only taken over a month just to get to this point and after all the calls and several emails from me.

I even told the customer service person it's a good thing there isn't a feedback page as they would get a very poor report from me. Of course there are endless appologies but the calamity just goes on and on.

I don't know if all this poor service is a result of being part of Ecklers or just poor management anyway.

A friend had a similar situation when he was trying to get replacement UCA's that had provision for grease fittings in the arm bushings. He had to search around to find a source for the right ones. I believe he had to order them seperately as the ones he needed weren't a part of any suspension package. I don't think he ordered them from Macs so apparently poor information on parts aren't religated to just Macs.

Hope you can get a resolution from somebody on getting the right parts. Is this the age we live in or what??
Ron

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:24 pm 
O3-15
O3-15

ordered new visors in august, just got then this jan. quality is not that great. they have allot to offer but not good on communication.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:50 am 
F-7
F-7

[quote="capefalcon"]ordered new visors in august, just got then this jan. quality is not that great. they have allot to offer but not good on communication.[/quote]

Have a look at this thread. I received a great product from Dennis Carpenter. Macs and Dearborn had very poor quality visors. No issue on the returns, just frustrating.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=33437

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:05 pm 
O2-16
O2-16

Beware I purchased an antenna from macs. It is the retractable power one. It was dead on arrival. Macs customer service said all they can do is have me return it to the vender. I did that. Over 30 days no response from vender.
Do not buy the antena from macs
Tom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:07 pm 
O2-16
O2-16

I purchased a power antena from them, $110! Dead on arrival. Was told by customer service that it has a life time warranty by the vender. Send it back to them! I paid postage, called the vender, all you get is voice mail. They never returned my call.
So I posted negative review of the product, eklers pulled the review , three weeks later I get a call from macs, do I want a refund or another junk antenna. I asked for a refund, of course I paid shipping both ways for their defective product. Do not buy the power antena, same one can be found on Amazon fo $26! Life time warranted what a mark up.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:21 pm 
o-1-7
o-1-7

I just changed my vote from good to poor.

Two years ago I ordered a lot of the gaskets I thought I'd need for my Falcon. Last week, finally got around to installing the vent windows, and guess what? They sent me two right side seals. The shop that's doing the install calls, and they won't even speak to him. I call and am told I have two options: (1) send it back and when they receive it they'll ship me the correct one, which can take weeks or (2) buy a new set, send the wrong ones back and eventually get a credit which will take 2-3 weeks. And not a credit back on my card, but store credit.

Yes, admittedly I should've very closely inspected all the part numbers when I received it, but I did see two triangle gaskets and ASSumed they'd sent a matching pair.

In the end, I chose option 2, and paid for overnight shipping straight to the shop. Guess where they sent it? My house, and I was out of town for the weekend. Horrible customer service.

Edit/update: Guess they changed their policy because after 3 weeks I got a credit on my card. Of course that didn't happen until after I'd left feedback with the customer support manager.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:25 am 
O4-19
O4-19

So, I got sucked in by "special holiday pricing" on the website. Should have known better. They've royally screwed up 2 straight orders over the past 30 days. Both times "Customer Service" said there was nothing they could do to fix it! Then they secretly added an additional shipping charge that they couldn't explain. I'm not going to give them another opportunity for my business. I'm done with all things Ecklers!

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 2:25 pm 
o-1-7
o-1-7

[quote="69Falcon"]I just changed my vote from good to poor.[/quote]

And I just changed it from poor to lousy.

End of March, I found out the original shop had lost my windshield, but had two rears. So on April 4th I went onto Mac's site because I'd seen they had the windshield for the big birds listed. Between the glass and the shipping, over $430. After almost a month, no sign of the windshield, and of course no communication, so on 5/2 I called for an update. They have to call the supplier who drop ships it and will send me an email with an update. Their email says "Our vendor has advised there is currently no ETA..." When I asked via email what that meant, I got no reply.

So on 5/3 I called, and was informed that their supplier had it on backorder because they were waiting for materials, and they had no idea when the windshield would be manufactured, let alone shipped. So I instruct them to cancel the order.

By 5/9 (yesterday) I hadn't seen a credit on my card, and of course, no communication, so called again. At first I was told that my support ticket had been closed without the cancellation, then she said it was cancelled but that takes 3-5 business days to process. Then she said they were waiting on written confirmation from their supplier that it hadn't been shipped before they could cancel it. They promised to process the refund within 24 hours. I was so ticked off I told them if I didn't get confirmation I'd be filing a fraud claim with my credit card.

Today (5/10) I received a call that they were processing it today, but it may take up to a week to show on my card depending on how long it takes the bank to process it.

Bottom line: They didn't list the item on their website as backordered, took $430 of my money and didn't tell me it was backordered indefinitely, and it took several calls, all initiated by me to get my refund.