'63 Ranchero, 260 CID, AOD,
'65 Mustang front suspension w/ 540#/in.springs, Koni shocks,
'73 Mustang spindles and 11.3" disc brakes
8 in. rear axle 3.50:1, locker, 3" tubes w/Torino bearings,
disc brakes, Koni shocks.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:09 pm 
O3-12
O3-12

I have a 68 Falcon and it had the standard cracks in the dash from the radio speaker. I have been working on this car for about 4 years now and last year about this time I looked into having my dash restored. I could only find two places in the country at that time to do the work. The one- Just Dashes quoted me around $850, the other was Dashboard Restorations USA and they quoted me $650. I did a little checking (not enough) and didn't find any glaring faults, so decided to give them a try. They estimated the time it would take was 6 to 8 weeks and they would need a credit card # once they received the dash and accepted the job. I shipped my dash to them and got an immediate response. They accepted the job, but charged me in full within the same day. I was a little surprised but was OK with this provided they got it done in the time they quoted me. 6 weeks later, I gave them a call, was told that they were behind and it would be "a few more weeks". I contacted them two weeks later and got the - "it will be a couple of weeks". Well, 24 weeks later, and after I filed complaints to the Washington State Attorney, my credit card company, and the Better Business Bureau I received my dash back. The quality of the work was marginal at best.

Half way through this mess I dug into their history a lot deeper and discovered that this kind of behavior went back to 2007. The same issues of being told two weeks up to 24 to 26 weeks. The owner would tell me that " we don't want to rush it, we are trying to get it just right". For 5 months??

I don't know anything about Just Dashes, but I can tell you without a doubt, that Dashboard Restorations USA is a place that you do not want to do business with.