'65 Mustang front suspension w/ 540#/in.springs, Koni shocks,
'73 Mustang spindles and 11.3" disc brakes
8 in. rear axle 3.50:1, locker, 3" tubes w/Torino bearings,
disc brakes, Koni shocks.

Post subject: Re: Performance On Line
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:10 am 
F-2
F-2

Performance Online came highly recommended to me. But when I when I ordered a 67 Mustang Dual Reservoir master cylinder, I ended up getting a single reservoir of some sort. They traded me that one back for another, saying that I must have accidentally ordered the wrong part. I was pretty sure I hadn't but I had to admit it was a possibility, so I paid shipping back, they waived the restock, and after confirming with customer service that what I was ordering was what I needed, they sent me a new one.
This also was a single reservoir of some sort. Different single reservoir than the one I had received originally, but still only a single reservoir. I contacted customer service again, and they kept telling me that no, that was the right part, it's just that the catalog picture doesn't always match what the part looks like. I pointed out that the part number lists it as a dual reservoir, and if it's being advertised as a dual reservoir, it should probably be one. After another discussion with customer service, I once again did an exchange with them. I did receive a dual reservoir master cylinder the third time, but it was the wrong one. I'm not sure what it was for, but it wasn't Ford. I returned that one and asked for a refund, they did offer another exchange, but by this point I was quite tired of shipping things back to California. They agreed to refund my purchase price. It took about 3 months for them to credit my account.

Overall, their customer service was polite, courteous, and did seem to be trying their best to be helpful. The part numbers I was receiving were not matching the parts numbers on the website order form, and I'm thinking it may have been due to a database error more than anything. They did refund my original purchase price (Albeit slowly) and they did cover shipping each part to me, but I had to pay for return shipping each time.

I won't say you should stay away from them, it may simply have been an isolated incident, and I haven't heard of anyone else have any problems with them.